~ Area(s) Served: US
~ Provides Virtual / Telehealth Services
About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Medical / Navigational, Medical Billing & Claims | Other: I provide services to patients and families whose children have PANDAS/PANS, and Autoimmune Basal Ganglia Encephalitis only.
- Years of Experience: 3 years
Wendy Nawara, MSW, BCPA, is a board certified patient advocate and consultant specializing in PANS PANDAS. After her own harrowing family experiences with the disorder, Wendy established PANDAS/PANS Advocacy and Support (PAS) to provide education, resources and support to PANDAS PANS families in 2013. Serving as President of the Board and Executive Director of the non-profit, she worked to institute the community’s first successful grant-giving program. Additionally, Wendy and a team of parents and legislators in Illinois were the first to pass legislation requiring insurance coverage for treatments of PANS/PANDAS. She remains an active participant on the Illinois PANS/PANDAS Advisory Council and collaborates freely with other state teams to accomplish similar legislative goals.
Education, Training & Experience:
- BS Education – Butler University
- MSW – Jane Addams College of Social Work-University of Illinois at Chicago
Licensed Professional: No
Board Certified Patient Advocate: Yes
Educational Advocacy Certification: Yes
- From: Master IEP Coach
Additional Education & Training:
- Formerly held Type 73 Educational Certificate (PEL)
Wendy Nawara, MSW, BCPA | Wendy Nawara Consulting | Naperville, IL 60540