About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Administrative, Cancer, End of Life, Health Insurance, Health Management, Medical / Navigational, Mental / Behavioral Health, Older Adult Services, Social Work
- Years of Experience: Since 2015
Melissa Cardine has been a nurse for over 20 years. Her passion is advocacy. She enjoys listening to patients, families, and caregivers along with collaborating with other healthcare professionals. She believes that healing accelerates when patients and health care providers connect and build a common understanding of symptoms and goals. In October of 2015, after more than 15 years at the bedside Melissa took this passion and the ideas she developed in her master’s program and founded The Bridge RN Patient Advocates. She has found tremendous success as a private patient advocate and helped numerous clients have a better experience along their healthcare journey. In 2019 Melissa co-founded The Bridge Health Advocates. The Bridge Health Advocates provides health advocacy and business training for those interested in learning more about professional advocacy work.
Melissa was selected to be a Board Member of the Patient Advocacy Certification Board in 2019 and is the current President.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Master of Science in Nursing – Northern Arizona University
University of Phoenix
Educational Advocacy Certification: Yes
- From: University of Arizona
Licensed Professional: Yes
- License Type: Registered Nurse