~ Accepting New Clients
~ Area(s) Served: North Carolina and S. Florida
~ Provides Virtual / Telehealth Services
About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Administrative, Health Insurance, Health Management, Medical / Navigational, Medical Billing & Claims, Older Adult Services | Other: Specialty Disease Management; End Stage Renal and Heart Failure; Research; Housing and Home Care Placement; Decision Support and Helping Hand Advocacy
- Years of Experience: 3.5 years
I have a genuine passion for helping clients and their loved ones, find solutions when their healthcare needs become complex and overwhelming. As a caregiver and case manager to my own family and clients, I am experienced in “Decision Support Advocacy,” by coordinating goal-oriented medical and financial plans, balanced with providing empathetic, patient-centered support.
I specialize in helping individuals with chronic conditions who need compassionate, strong, collaborative communication between healthcare providers, insurance companies, caregivers, and their families.
I proactively address patient needs by providing a second set of ears, taking detailed notes, and utilizing my expert communication skills. My effective cross-functional communication with physicians, providers, and staff ensures the highest level of patient excellence and support. I am your first point of contact to address, investigate, and resolve conflicts, avoiding a disruption in quality healthcare.
Education, Training & Experience:
- BS communications/marketing – University of Florida
Licensed Professional: Yes
- License Type: NC Life and Health Insurance
- License #: 8963959
Board Certified Patient Advocate: Yes
Educational Advocacy Certification: No
Additional Education & Training:
- N.C. Notary Public since 2021
- Dale Carnegie
- Crucial Conversations
Rachel Vaughters, BCPA | Raleigh, NC 27613