~ Accepting New Clients
~ Area(s) Served: In-Person services – The Greater Baltimore Area, Howard, County, Montgomery County, Anne Arundel Country and District of Columbia. Virtual Services – Nationwide.
~ Provides Virtual / Telehealth Services
About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Administrative, Cancer, End of Life, Health Care Proxy, Health Management, Medical / Navigational, Mental / Behavioral Health, Older Adult Services
- Years of Experience: 5 years
With extensive clinical experience as a Registered Nurse, as well as a background in communication, information management, and research, I improve the safety, outcome, and experience of health care that you receive.
The most common situations I help my clients with:
- Supporting your (or your loved one’s) health care management and getting better outcomes.
- Helping you avoid preventable medical emergencies.
- Collecting and organizing medical records.
- Clarifying your care plan and medication regimen.
- Supporting new diagnosis and treatment options.
- Finding better providers/facilities and getting appointments.
- Setting up a second or third expert opinion.
- Guiding you make the best decision for YOU.
- Helping you prepare for and recovering from surgeries.
- Facilitating for the best quality care possible in a hospital, rehabilitation facility, or nursing home setting.
- Making sure you receive all the benefits you’re entitled to.
Education, Training & Experience:
- MS in Nursing Informatics – University of Maryland
- MA in Speech Communication – Pennsylvania State University
- BSN in Nursing – Johns Hopkins University
Licensed Professional: Yes
- License Type: RN
- License #: R174670 Maryland
- License #: RN95218337 California
Board Certified Patient Advocate: Yes
Additional Education & Training:
To best serve my clients, I apply these core principles in my practice. Each component works synergistically with the others, and the focus shifts as the situation and your needs change.
1. Compassionate Advocacy
- Understanding Your Unique Priorities
- Easing Your Pain, Fear and Exhaustion with the Support You Need
- Fighting for Your Rights and Best Interests with Vigilance
2. Informed Decisions
- Clarifying Your Situation and Organizing Your Information
- Verifying Evidence and Researching Your Options
- Guiding Your Best Decisions
3. Effective Communication and Coordination
- Explaining Unfamiliar Language and Concepts
- Helping You Communicate Your Needs to Providers
- Coordinating with Providers and Optimizing Care
Kayoko 'Ky' Corbet | Patient Advocacy & Beyond, LLC | Ellicott City, MD 21043