About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Health Care Proxy, Health Management, Medical Billing & Claims, Mental / Behavioral Health, Older Adult Services, Other
- Years of Experience: I have ten years combined experience advocating for patients and families within the critical care and organ donation services.
Nearly ten years ago as a critical care nurse and most recently as an organ recovery coordinator in the PNW, I began to understand the need for health care advocacy for patients and families experiencing a critical care admission or end of life situation. It was during these times of heightened emotions involving critical illness, death and dying, permanent disability and sometimes organ donation that I frequently witnessed a patient and their family’s lack of understanding about disease processes, treatments and next steps that needed to be taken to achieve their desired health outcome.
I have thorough knowledge in critical care medicine including heart failure and ventricular assist devices, trauma injuries including traumatic brain injury (TBI) and brain death declaration, dialysis including CRRT or continuous renal replacement therapy and also end of life decisions including organ donation.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- BSN, CCRN – University of Louisiana Lafayette
Educational Advocacy Certification: Currently Attending
Licensed Professional: Yes
- License Type: Registered Nurse
- License #: RN60633409
Additional Education & Training:
- LVADs: ECMO, Tandem Heart and Impella.
- CRRT (continuous renal replacement therapy).
- Palliative and Hospice Care, organ donation authorization and organ recovery processes.