~ Accepting New Clients
~ Area(s) Served: San Francisco Bay Area, California, and nationwide
~ Provides Virtual / Telehealth Services
About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Administrative, Cancer, End of Life, Health Insurance, Health Management, Mediation, Medical / Navigational, Medical Billing & Claims, Mental / Behavioral Health, Older Adult Services, Pediatrics
- Years of Experience: 3 years (since Fall 2018).
I am flexible and hard-working, and I place you and your loved-one at the center of my work. I am determined to help you get medical service that aligns with your values and needs. I have helped a lot of different clients with managing complex healthcare needs, mediating with doctors and facilities, resolving insurance and billing matters, overcoming various kinds of bias in mental and physical healthcare, reporting back to designated loved ones, appeals for discharge, locating facilities such as skilled-nursing facilities / long-term acute hospitals / physical therapy / drug and mental health rehabilitation / and other matters.
Speak Mandarin Chinese and French and excellent at helping people from other cultural backgrounds. I am focused on resolving intractable issues with the healthcare system and avoiding medical errors and misunderstandings in communications. I can organize all of your medical records and make sure that information is communicated across medical providers (doctors/facilities).
Education, Training & Experience:
- M.B.A. – UC Berkeley Haas School of Business – 1993
- A.B. – Princeton University – 1985
Licensed Professional: No
Board Certified Patient Advocate: Yes
Educational Advocacy Certification: Yes
- From: Certificate – UC Berkeley Extension – Professional Program in Healthcare Advocacy – 2018
Scott Fraser | Lamorinda Patient Advocacy | Lafayette, CA 94549