~ Accepting New Clients
About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Health Care Proxy, Medical / Navigational, Mental / Behavioral Health, Older Adult Services, Social Work
- Years of Experience: I started working in the field of Aging in 1987.
I began my work in the field of Aging as a Guardian Care Manager in the late 1980s in Seattle. Since 2004, I have been in private practice as a Care Manager, Health Care Advocate, and serve as Power of Attorney for Health Care as a Health Care proxy for individuals of any age.
I specialize in serving the whole person and their family. I offer support and guidance to Elders and their families through many life transitions, always with the least restrictive options in mind.
- Care Planning
- Ongoing Care Management
- Transitions to new living situations
- Medication Management
- Consultations with families to explore options for care
- Referrals to Medical providers, Home Health and Home Care agencies
- Enrichment services such as Music and Art Therapies along with Massage
- End of Life Planning
Education, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Social Work with a Certificate in Aging Studies – University of Iowa
Licensed Professional: No
Educational Advocacy Certification: No
Additional Education & Training:
- End of Life Training with A Sacred Passing
Julie Forkasdi | Burien, WA 98146