About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Health Care Proxy, Health Insurance, Health Management, Medical / Navigational, Mental / Behavioral Health, Older Adult Services, Pediatrics
- Years of Experience: I have been a nurse for over 15 years, with experience ranging from neonatal to senior care with employee health and disease management experience as well. I am just beginning my career in independent advocacy.
My goal is to help guide people through the healthcare system, including but not limited to: screening, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up. I help help patients communicate with their providers so they get the information they need, in a manner they can understand, to make the most informed decisions. I assist patients in setting up appointments for doctor visits and medical tests and help source financial, legal, and social support. I also work with insurance companies, employers, case managers, lawyers, and others who may influence a person’s healthcare needs.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- BS Business Administration – Southern Illinois University
- BS Nursing – Goldfarb School of Nursing
- Doctorate level studies in Public Health and Healthcare systems (degree expected 2022) – University of Missouri
Educational Advocacy Certification: No
Licensed Professional: Yes
- License Type: Registered Nurse
- License #: RN9370464
Additional Education & Training: