About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Health Insurance, Health Management, Legal Advocacy / Mediation, Medical / Navigational, Medical Billing & Claims, Older Adult Services
- Years of Experience: 6 years
Balancing Independence with Safety for you or your loved one. Aging in your own home, taking that bucket list trip, navigating the complex world of healthcare and medical decisions. All of this is possible with my assistance to connect you to services so you can live the independent life you want.
- Coordinate services for your best health including; medical services, case management, the arrangement of community-based services, assist with complex medical decision-making, help arrange second opinions and securing services from other medical systems, end-of-life decisions, preparation, and advocate for clients with insurance systems and healthcare providers.
- Assist you to make informed choices regarding available options and resources within the healthcare system.
- Be available for family members to understand complex situations.
- Work with clients at all levels of care in the healthcare system.
- Help clients understand diagnoses and procedures.
- Assist in considering alternative treatment options.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing – Montana State University
- Organizational Leadership Certificate – Northwestern University
Educational Advocacy Certification: Yes
- Patient Navigation / Care Coordination Certificate – Whatcom Community College
Licensed Professional: Yes
- License Type: Registered Nurse
- License #: RN00092481
Additional Education & Training:
- Adjunct Faculty; Instructor Curriculum Developer and Lead Author, Patient Navigation/ Care Coordination. Whatcom Community College
- John Hopkins, Foundations of Global Health Specialization; International Travel Preparation, Safety and Wellness
- Global Travel Alliance: Provide assistance and medical care to travelers on educational tour.
- Nurse Case Manager; SDB Case Management
- Legal Nurse consultant
- University of Washington Medical Center: Adult Medical Surgical Nurse/ Cardiac Intensive Care