About My Services:
- Type(s) of Advocacy: Health Insurance, Health Management, Medical / Navigational, Medical Billing & Claims, Mental / Behavioral Health
- Years of Experience: 30+ years
After working for more than 25 years as a Pharmacist, I returned to school at the Center for Patient Partnerships at UW-Madison and earned my national certification as a Board Certified Patient Advocate. As a Pharmacist, I often worked with patients who were “falling through the cracks” of health care. I would advocate for them as best I could with providers, insurance companies, and sometimes family members and caregivers. Those experiences motivated me to transition to full-time advocacy.
My mission is to align with patients and caregivers to successfully navigate our complex healthcare system. I dig into the details of insurance coverage and medical bills; facilitate communication between clients, providers, facilities and insurance, and help clients build a health safety net through education, strategic planning, and access to local resources.
My passion lies in walking alongside people on their healthcare journey. I help them understand their doctors, their care, and insurance. It gives me deep satisfaction to be able to bring understanding and peace to the process of navigating care, especially those who struggle with mental health disorders and substance use disorder.
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, I can provide services to clients anywhere in the US and can be included in telehealth visits via phone or video conference.
Call for a FREE phone consultation!
Education, Training, & Experience:
- University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Pharmacy
- Center for Patient Partnerships – University of Wisconsin Continuing Studies
Educational Advocacy Certification: Yes
- From: Patient Advocacy Certification Board
Licensed Professional: Yes
- License Type: Registered Pharmacist
Additional Education & Training:
- Mental Health First Aid Training – Journey Mental Health
- Certificate in Substance Use Disorders – University of Wisconsin Continuing Studies
- Certificate of Mediation Training – University of Wisconsin Continuing Studies
- Ongoing training in Mindfulness, Integrative Mental Health, Harm Reduction, End of Life, and Trauma-informed Care