JUNE 15, 2023 –
Rights and Responsibilities of a Hospitalized Patient
When a patient undergoes a complex surgery, events occur that cause family visitation and their ability to comfort their loved one to be restricted. This case presentation will walk us through the various options that are available to a patient and their family and what they can and should do. It also explains a patient’s rights and what the hospital and staff can request of a patient and their family.
- What are the rights a patient has when hospitalized.
- What are the responsibilities a patient has when hospitalized.
- What are the proper channels of communication when filing a patient complaint as a health advocate.
Claire Thevenot is a Board Certified Patient Advocate and founded Clarity Patient Advocates in Atlanta, Georgia in 2019. Claire is an oncology certified nurse with several years of experience in working with cancer patients. She is also a breast cancer survivor who combines her professional and personal experience in helping patients navigate the overwhelming and confusing healthcare landscape.
The HealthAdvocateX Board has approved this activity with the following caveats:
- Only HealthAdvocateX Professional Members in good standing will be invited to participate
- Meeting participants will sign a confidentiality acknowledgement in keeping with professional standards at sign in as a requirement to participate
- Cases will all be presented in a similar format and will be submitted to HealthAdvocateX at least one week in advance of the meeting for consideration
- The Advocate presenting the Case will do everything to de-identify the person featured in the case review
- No case information may be shared outside the case review meeting
- The meetings will be a free, one-hour meeting as a benefit of professional membership