JANUARY 19, 2023 –
The Advocate’s Dilemma: What To Do When Patient Choice Doesn’t Align with the Medical Best Choice
Dr. Chris Price presented a case most advocates have (or will) experience – when the person you are advocating for does not want to choose best medical practice or advice. Case Review is a free benefit of Professional/Partner membership and you must be a member to attend. This Case Review was presented live, on zoom and was not recorded. We encourage participants to ask questions and share their experience.
NOTE: This Case Review topic has changed due to family emergency from our previous speaker.
Christopher Price, M.D., FACC practiced in the Seattle area as a cardiologist for 15 years. He retired and started his patient advocate business- Call Doctor Chris two years ago. He recently joined the board of HealthAdvocateX. Website is CallDoctorChris.com
The HealthAdvocateX Board has approved this activity with the following caveats:
- Only HealthAdvocateX Professional Members in good standing will be invited to participate
- Meeting participants will sign a confidentiality acknowledgement in keeping with professional standards at sign in as a requirement to participate
- Cases will all be presented in a similar format and will be submitted to HealthAdvocateX at least one week in advance of the meeting for consideration
- The Advocate presenting the Case will do everything to de-identify the person featured in the case review
- No case information may be shared outside the case review meeting
- The meetings will be a free, one-hour meeting as a benefit of professional membership