JANUARY 18, 2024 –
Case Review – January 2024
When Patient Advocacy & Education Collide
This is a case review about a child with a genetic disorder whose parents wanted to place him in regular public school. A team of patient advocates combined services to navigate through the school district to obtain the objective of the family. It explains the process and the hurdles that people with special needs face on a regular basis.
- Collaboration is a required function for health advocates.
- Healthcare, especially in pediatrics, touches every part of the patient’s life.
- The ability to educate other team members on the patient’s condition is crucial to the success of any health + education advocacy team.
The HealthAdvocateX Board has approved this activity with the following caveats:
- Only HealthAdvocateX Professional Members in good standing will be invited to participate
- Meeting participants will sign a confidentiality acknowledgement in keeping with professional standards at sign in as a requirement to participate
- Cases will all be presented in a similar format and will be submitted to HealthAdvocateX at least one week in advance of the meeting for consideration
- The Advocate presenting the Case will do everything to de-identify the person featured in the case review
- No case information may be shared outside the case review meeting
- The meetings will be a free, one-hour meeting as a benefit of professional membership
CE Certificate – CE Template – Case Review (1.18.2024)